The Presbytery Nominating Committee is seeking qualified candidates to serve as Vice Moderator of the Seattle Presbytery in 2018.
The Vice Moderator's duties include:
- The Vice-moderator is elected for a one-year term with the understanding that ordinarily this person will become the nominee for Moderator the following year.
- The Vice Moderator will be elected for a one year term at the January Meeting and shall take office immediately.
- The Vice Moderator will preside (in a manner consistent with the Book of Order and Robert’s Rules of Order) in the absence, or at the request, of the Moderator. The Vice Moderator will fulfill other duties of the Moderator in the Moderator's absence. These duties may include Moderating meetings, and Ordination or Installation Commissions as the needs arise.
- The Vice Moderator shall serve as a member of the Presbytery Council. The Presbytery Council meets at least four times each year in the month immediately preceding Stated Presbytery Meetings.
- The Vice Moderator will be asked to convene a variety of task groups as needs arise.
- Ruling Elder member of a church in Seattle Presbytery or Minister member of Seattle Presbytery.
- Following the traditional pattern of rotation in Seattle Presbytery the Vice Moderator for 2018 would ordinarily be a Female Teaching Elder, but all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
- An understanding of Presbyterian Polity.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Basic understanding of Robert’s Rules of Order and the principles of Presbyterian polity.
Send nominations, or offer yourself for service, by emailing NOM@seapres.org.
Please include Name, Status as a Ruling elder or Minister and membership, contact information including mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Those nominated, or who offer themselves for service, will receive (by email) a questionnaire from the Nominating Committee. Responses to the questionnaire will be due September 18, 2017.