It is time to plan your fall promotion of the Peacemaking Offering (remember your congregation keeps 25 percent of the offering for your peacemaking ministries). Here are some promotional ideas:
- Send one or more reminders about World Communion Sunday and the Peacemaking Offering to congregation members. Options include sending the brochure “Celebrate Christ, Our Peace” (available in English or Spanish) or a letter (download a sample letter), or writing a reminder for the congregation’s newsletter.
- Place Offering envelopes in the pews and one of the three bulletin inserts, “Ethiopia Set It Off for Me,” Grinding Mills for Sudan and Partners in the Fight against AIDS, in the bulletin on September 12.
- Present a minute for mission about how your congregation will use its 25 percent share of the Offering. On September 19 insert the brochure “Celebrate Christ, Our Peace” in the bulletin if you have not already sent it. Present one of the minutes for missions in the packet, or reproduce one in the bulletin. Remind the congregation how its 25 percent share of the Offering will be used.
- On September 26 place a second bulletin insert in the bulletin. Use the Peacemaking Offering video, "Peace Be With You," in a worship service and other church gatherings. Download it or order it from the Church Store.
- Check the 2010 Peacemaking Offering Order form to see if you need additional materials; call (800) 524-2612 to order.
Thank you for your support of the Peacemaking Offering and for your peacemaking ministries. The theme for the 2010 Offering is “Celebrate Christ, Our Peace.” The art is The Last Supper, a serigraph by John August Swanson.