The Temporary Associate Pastor is responsible to work with the Senior Pastor and the Session of OPPC in a variety of ministries, building up the body through pastoral care, training and equipping, teaching and preaching, leading in worship, and furthering the church’s mission.
· Regular worship leadership, as directed by Senior Pastor.
· Preaching, as directed by Senior Pastor.
· Lead and continue to develop Children and Youth Ministry in order to create, maintain, and develop ministry that is consistent with the mission and vision of discipleship. Equip OPPC adults to pursue the commitment we make at baptism – to love and grow our children in faith.
· Lead and continue to develop OPPC Preschool.
· Work with Senior Pastor to provide leadership of ministry at OPPC including Adult Ministry, Mission, Caring Ministry (including Deacons) and develop ministry consistent with the mission and vision of discipleship.
· Regularly preach, teach, and equip ministry leaders for the work of ministry and discipleship.
· Equip and encourage the OPPC congregation to share their faith, invite others into our church family and seek opportunities for evangelism.
· Love the people of OPPC through faithful, regular interaction.
· Model and work for unity in the body of Christ.
· Nurture his/her own spiritual life through regular times of prayer, solitude, study, and service.
· Provide pastoral care and counsel.
· Represent OPPC in the greater Bellevue community.
· Represent OPPC in the PC (USA) and take part in the life of the greater church as it works for peace, unity and purity.
· Reach out to the outsider, welcome the visitor, and encourage OPPC to do the same.
Reports to the Session of Overlake Park Presbyterian Church.
To apply: email PIF to email@example.com.