We seek to faithfully follow Jesus Christ in the 21st century, pursuing vibrant worship, spiritual formation, and service to others. Ministries to children and youth are of paramount importance to our PCUSA community. Today we are a vital community of approximately 200 members and friends. At Redmond Presbyterian (RPC), we want each person to know they matter to God and to us. We intentionally focus on age-appropriate (6th – 12th Grade) opportunities to experience faith development.
Responsibilities: (will vary depending on hours negotiated)
· Design program, select curriculum, and oversee budget of Youth Ministry programs: for Middle School Youth (Grades 6-8) and High School Youth (Grades 9-12).
· Equip, call, organize, train, and encourage volunteers & parents for effective ministry
· Integrate Youth Ministry program within the whole life of the church.
· Lead Sunday morning Youth education program across both age groups, assisted by volunteers where appropriate.
· Lead regular evening and/or weekend Youth group meetings for both Middle School and High School groups respectively.
· Ensure risk management and child protection policies are established, maintained and enforced.
· Meet with other church staff and volunteers to plan, oversee, and support programs and events, including but not limited to Mission, recreational and worship-related activities.
· Facilitate new member/family assimilation process in collaboration with the Pastor & others