Purpose: To provide leadership for Sunday morning programs for children in preschool through grade 4. To nurture children in knowing God’s love. We are open to collaborating with you to fulfill internship requirements.
Qualifications: Deep commitment to Jesus Christ and his church; love for children and experience teaching children in a church setting; ability to motivate, encourage, and mentor volunteers; good organizational and communication skills. Experience in children’s music leadership, while not a prerequisite, would be an asset in this position.
- Teach Sunday School class for elementary grades during the latter part of the 10:30 worship hour, assisted by members of the congregation
- Regularly recruit and train volunteer teachers from the congregation to lead the preschool class during the same portion of the worship hour.
- Offer weekly children’s messages in the first portion of the worship service
- In consultation with Pastor and Children’s Ministry elder, select and purchase curriculum for all children’s classes
- Communicate regularly with Pastor and Children’s Ministry elder regarding all aspects of MPC’s children’s ministry
- Communicate regularly with the congregation regarding children’s ministry activities and resources, e.g. via monthly newsletter articles, weekly bulletin updates, use of bulletin boards and congregational email; update children’s ministry brochure as needed
- Oversee the production of a children’s Christmas pageant during the worship hour in mid-December, recruiting assistance as needed from the congregation.
- Maintain Children’s Ministry budget, in partnership with the Children’s Ministry elder. Maintain records of students, teachers, and attendance statistics.
- Maintain Sunday School supplies