The Commission on Preparation for Ministry is responsible to guide the process for full preparation of individuals who are to be ordained as ministers of the Word and Sacrament. The commission does this by:
- Providing orientation for individuals and sessions considering church vocations
- Prayerfully discerning the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives and ministries of Inquirers and Candidates under care of the Presbytery
- Building faithful relationships with sessions and seminaries that support and train Inquirers and Candidates
- Providing direction and information to equip Inquirers and Candidates educationally and vocationally
- Challenging those in the preparation for ministry process to a mature obedience to the Holy Spirit in their life and vocation
Assignment to an Advisory Group will be made upon submission of completed application forms 1, 2A and B. Electronic submission of forms is strongly encouraged. Email email@example.com. The Advisory Group Chair will connect to schedule the Inquiry Appointment.
You may email CPM by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group A - Rev. Marty Shelton-Jenck
- Group B - Rev. Carol Kirkpatrick
Other Essential Information, Forms & Documents
Psychological/Career Assessments are available in the Seattle area from:
Marsha Cutting, MDiv., Ph.D., 600 Erickson Ave. NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, email@example.com , 518-312-9088
2010 (2013 revisions) Seattle presbytery Protocols - Required Reading
Click here to download.
Preparation for Ministry FORMS
Click here to access the forms. These are now available as fillable .pdf files. Information can be entered directly into the forms using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program, and then saved so that they can be emailed to others, updated later, etc. Submit forms with required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book of Order Section G-2.06
Download the 2017-2019 Book of Order here and find G-2.06 for the section on Preparing for Ministry.
For other documents related to preparation please click here.