The Consent Agenda consists of those actions that the Presbytery has empowered its committees to resolve on its behalf.
Those actions are then reported to the presbytery at its next meeting.
A commissioner may lift a consent item for debate by informing the Stated Clerk or Moderator of Presbytery to that effect.
1. Granted funds to Calvary Presbyterian Church to help support the Faith in Action Mission trip to the Philippines August 2-18, 2017.
2. Seattle Presbytery will host Crossroads Anti-Racism Training on Sat., September 23, 2017 at Seattle First Presbyterian Church, 9am-4:00pm. Led by nationally recognized leaders with experience training church leaders, this event is open to all our churches. Register online by August 15.
COMMITTEE ON MINISTRY
1. Approved the call of Rev. Austin Ashenbrenner as full-time installed pastor at Redmond Presbyterian Church with the following terms, effective upon congregational approval: Effective Salary $79,500 with full BOP; $5,024 SECA; 4 weeks vacation; 2 weeks study leave; 3 months sabbatical after 7 years of service; Continuing Ed $1,000; Professional Expense $1,000; Ministry Coach $1,000; Pastoral Ministry Expense $500.
[Background: Austin will start at Redmond in early August.]
2. Dissolved the call between Rev. Janet DeWater and the congregation of Newport Presbyterian Church.
3. Dismissed Rev. Janet DeWater to the Presbytery of Western North Carolina.
[Background: Janet began her ministry as pastor of Mt. Holly PC, North Carolina, last month.]
4. Approved the contract extension for Rev. Shari Jackson Monson to serve as West Side Presbyterian Church’s Interim Pastor. All terms of call remain the same, except the following changes: $4,800 study leave/training, 4 weeks study leave.
5. Approved the request of the Sammamish Presbyterian Church session to establish a Transitional Associate Pastor of Adult and Mission position to replace the role vacated by the Rev. Austin Ashenbrenner July 9th, 2017. The session would like whomever holds this Transitional Pastor role to be eligible to apply for any future Installed roles at SPC.
6. Approved the request of the Overlake Park Presbyterian Church session to establish a full-time Temporary Associate Pastor position.
[Background: The OPPC session’s intent is to assess the position at one year and make it an installed position by a ⅔ vote of presbytery.]
7. Received Rev. Paton Wall (Grace Presbytery) as a member of Seattle Presbytery.
8. Received Rev. Christopher Johnson (Presbytery of Peaks and Plains) as a member of Seattle Presbytery.
9. Granted Rev. Linda Fowler Honorably Retired status.
1. Granted funds to Rev. Eyde Mabanglo to participate in the CAST Fast-Track Certification program hosted by National Capital Presbytery.
2. Granted funds to Shearl Cornelius (Lake Burien PC Office/property manager), as part of a shared grant application submitted to the Board of Pensions.
3. Boundary Training: 53 ministers attended the June 2017 trainings. The next training is Friday, September 29, 2017 at Seattle First Presbyterian Church, 10:00am-3:00pm. Register online by September 15. This workshop is open to all church leaders. Boundary training is required for all minister members of Seattle Presbytery.
COMMITTEE ON PREPARATION FOR MINISTRY
1. Annual Consultation was held with Lara Gritter, Bellevue PC, and she was certified as ready to receive a call.
2. Annual Consultation was held with Josh Gritter, Bellevue PC, and he was certified as ready to receive a call.
3. Received Steve Kamm, Sammamish PC, as an Inquirer.
4. Annual Consultation was held with Dan Hammer, Mercer Island PC, and he was certified as ready to receive a call.