The Consent Agenda consists of those actions that the Presbytery has empowered its committees to resolve on its behalf.
Those actions are then reported to the presbytery at its next meeting.
A commissioner may lift a consent item for debate by informing the Stated Clerk or Moderator of Presbytery to that effect.
COMMITTEE ON MINISTRY
1. Approved the request of Central Kitsap Presbyterian Church to establish a Temporary Associate Pastor position (full time) with the following terms: salary: $42,726.90, health benefits: $5,000, reimbursable: $3,000, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks study leave; and to present Tyler Kirkpatrick for examination at the April 18, 2017 presbytery meeting.
2. Approved the request of Rev. Mark Smutny to transfer his membership from Presbytery of San Gabriel to Seattle Presbytery.
3. Approved the request of Rev. Barbara Anderson to transfer her membership from Presbytery of San Gabriel to Seattle Presbytery.
[Background: An exam team met with Rev. Smutny and Rev. Anderson on Feb. 10 and found that they are suitable for membership in Seattle Presbytery.]
4. Gave permission to Rev. Rene Minshew (Cascades Presbytery, HR) to moderate the session of Wedgwood Presbyterian Church during Rev. Karen Breckenridge’s sabbattical (May 8-August 7, 2017).
5. Approved the request from Sammamish Presbyterian Church session to appoint Rev. Tyler Easley as the Parish Associate for Sammamish Presbyterian Church for 2017.
6. Approved the amendment to contract between Rev. Eyde Mabanglo and First Presbyterian Church of Kent: First Presbyterian Church will pay 5% of effective salary to retirement account of Rev. Eyde Mabanglo. Rev. Eyde Mabanglo will pay 6% of effective salary to her retirement account.
7. Concurred with the vote of University Presbyterian Church to close Rev. Laurie Brenner’s call as Associate Pastor, effective December 31, 2016, and move into the role of Parish Associate at UPC.
[Background: Laurie is currently teaching in an adjunct capacity at Seattle Pacific and Fuller Seminary Northwest.]
8. Approved moving Rev. Laurie Brenner to the Member-at-Large roll effective December 31, 2016.
9. Approved the request from West Side Presbyterian Church session for Rev. Ron Rice to continue as Parish Associate in 2017, without remuneration as agreed.
10. Concurred with the session of Magnolia Presbyterian Church to renew Rev. Justin Beatty’s contract to serve as Temporary Associate Pastor for Youth through May 2018. Salary: $450/month, 5 hours per week, additional $150 preaching honorarium at least four times a year.
11. Approved transferring Rev. Kevin Nollette to Northwest Coast Presbytery.
12. Dismissed Rev. Nick Krantz to a Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), effective January 1, 2017.
13. Dismissed Rev. Seonglim Kang to a Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), effective July 1, 2016.
14. Approved the call of Rev. Leigh Weber, pending congregational vote, as pastor of Vashon Presbyterian Church according to the follow terms of call (⅔ part-time): effective salary $42,000, reimbursable ferry expense $2,400 & mileage reimbursement, BOP benefits, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks study leave.
[Background: On Sunday, April 9, 2017, the congregation of Vashon Presbyterian Church unanimously voted to call Rev. Leigh Weber as their pastor.]
Approved grant to Wedgwood Presbyterian Church to help provide Rev. Karen Breckenridge a sabbatical from May 8-August 7, 2017.
Click here for new member bios.
COMMITTEE ON PREPARATION FOR MINISTRY
1. Annual Consultation was held with Haley Ballast, John Knox PC, and she was approved to continue as an Inquirer.
2. Annual Consultation was held with Scott Gronholz, Bethany PC, and he was approved to continue as an Inquirer.
3. Activated Christopher James’s Certified Candidacy beginning March 7, 2017.
[Background: Chris has been “inactive” while pursuing his doctorate. He is now Associate Professor at University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. He and his wife are beginning a “Dinner Church”, a new worshipping faith community of Westminster PC in Dubuque, Iowa, where Chris’ wife is pastor. He is actively seeking to be ordained to serve the new worshipping community and to carry out his professor responsibilities of teaching and preaching.]
4. Annual Consultation was held with Jennifer Carlson, Mt. Baker Park PC, and she was certified as ready to receive a call. She was given permission to circulate a PIF.
5. Received Jared Chase, Madrona Grace PC, as an Inquirer.